is a Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist with clinical and research interests in Diabetes, Obesity and General Endocrinology.
He trained at St George, and Bankstown hospitals and researched at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research. He previously received a full-time National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) scholarship and other diabetes grants for his PhD studies on the role of iron chelation for the treatment of glucose, lipids and obesity.
He received the Novartis Young Scientist award from the Endocrine Society of Australia in 2009.
His research was published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation in 2010.
Dr Ho currently
- holds Visiting Medical Officer and Staff Specialist appointments at Ryde, Macquarie University, Campbelltown and Camden teaching hospitals in Sydney
- provides medical governance for the high risk foot service at Camden hospital
- is a Clinical Associate Professor with the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at Macquarie University and Conjoint Associate Professor with Western Sydney University
- teaches from undergraduate through to post-graduate medical, and Physician training
- has supervised research scholars for Doctor of Advanced Medicine program through Macquarie University
- is the Director of Physician Education and the Chairman of the General Clinical Training Council at Ryde Hospital
Dr Ho has
- published in the areas of diabetes, vitamin D, and general endocrinology
- presented lectures to GPs, optometrists, pharmacists and the general public on diabetes, thyroid disorders, pituitary disorders and osteoporosis
- previously received letters of appreciation and commendation from the Northern Sydney Local Health District and the Lions Club of Sydney Chinese Society for his public lectures
Dr Ho is fluent in Mandarin and in Cantonese.